CTA Monthly Note for November & December 2019
In November 2019 we have:
- Conduct the 3rd Regional Project Advisory Group Meeting on 6-8 November, in Qalaalti, Azerbaijan for 39 participants from the region
- Organize the Official Opening for the Demonstration project on Rational Water Use in Agriculture Sector in Georgia on 13 November 2019 in Kakheti. The event was attended by the Ministry of Environment Protection and Agriculture of Georgia, UNDP Georgia, Georgian Amelioration and other stakeholders. In total 33 people participated in the event. The event was covered on project's web page, social media accounts, UNDP CO's and Ministries webpage.
- Conducted the teachers’ training on Rational Water Use in Municipal sector under the awareness campaign “Water for All” in Gori, Georgia for 30 teachers
- Conducted the third training block on GIS for Water Managers on 14-19 November in Azerbaijan and the second block of the same training in Georgia. The training was attended by 18 participants from Azerbaijan and 10 participants from Georgia. The training was covered on project's social media accounts.
- Conducted the 6th monitoring campaign on the E-flow in Azerbaijan and Georgia. The trip was covered on project's social media accounts and webpage.
- Held training on the Application of Drip Irrigation Method for Rational Water Use in Agriculture for farmers on 18 Novemberin Georgia. 15 participants attended the training. The training was covered on project's social media accounts.
- Had kick-off meeting for the River Restoration demonstration project on Constructed Wetland in Baby Hajigabul Lake in Shirvan, Azerbaijan
- Conducted detailed environmental audit to the major polluting facilities in Azerbaijan and Georgia
- Conducted the final, 3rd stage training on Hydrological Modelling on 25-29 November in Azerbaijan and Georgia. The training was attended by 12 participants from Azerbaijan and 6 participants from Georgia.
- Participated in the Azerbaijan Tourism Summit
In December 2019 we will:
- Hold field trip of the Azerbaijan National Environmental Agency Laboratory of Atmospheric Air, Water and Soil Analysis representative to Georgia National Laboratory Center to harmonize the water sampling and methodologies for the main polluting indicators (BOD5, Nitrate, Nitrite, Ammonia, Phenol and Heavy Metals)
- Hold the awareness raising and community meetings with the national stakeholders on the constructed wetland in Shirvan, Azerbaijan
- Conduct Hydro-Economics Training Block II on in Azerbaijan and Georgia on 2-6 December 2019
- Presented the H2Otel water saving awards in Azerbaijan together with Azerbaijan Hotel Association and in Georgia at the Welcome to Georgia National Tourism Awards gala
- Participate in river restoration demonstration project stakeholder meeting at the Ministry of Environment Protection and Agriculture of Georgia to discuss the planned constructed wetland project on the River Suramula
- Conduct the GIS for Water Managers Block III on 9-10 December in Georgia
- Two new experts will be hired for the position of Azerbaijan Field Monitoring and Control Expert and Azerbaijan Civil Construction Engineer
- Planning for the academic conference with Azersu JSC
- Publicity of H2Otel award winners by International Tourism Partnership and Green Hotelier
In January 2020 we will:
- Conduct the 7th monitoring campaign on the E-flow in Azerbaijan and Georgia.
- Translate International Environmental Economist’s Reports into national languages
- Preparations for the Hydro Heroes Water Saving mobile application
- Printing additional copies of Kura Box in English and national languages
- Shipping online monitoring equipment to support the work of Regional Working Group on Water Quantity Management
- Meeting with National Focal Points and UNDP Country Offices
- Produce videos for IW:LEARN on freshwater issues
- Conduct Strategic Planning Meeting with the Kura II Project Team
- Start preparations for the National Project Advisory Group and Regional Working Group Meetings to be held in 4-8 February 2020
- Start preparations for the field trip of the Georgia National Laboratory Center representative to Azerbaijan National Environmental Agency Laboratory of Atmospheric Air, Water and Soil Analysis to harmonize the water sampling and methodologies for the main polluting indicators (BOD5, Nitrate, Nitrite, Ammonia, Phenol and Heavy Metals)